Implicit in this is that transgression is a positive and productive interaction, but one that is limited by the current articulation of modernism which wholly separates the two — in essence it argues for experimentation and challenging the processes of power in perpetuity, rather than total domination or emancipation. Foucault, M. The Subject and Power.
- Practical Chess Exercises: 600 Lessons from Tactics to Strategy.
- The Engineering Design of Models and Systems?
- Health Technology Assessment and Health Policy-Making in Europe: Current Status, Challenges and Potential?
- Visceral Sensory Neuroscience: Interoception.
- Homogeneous polynomial forms for robustness analysis of uncertain systems?
- The Subject of Modernity.
- The Plurality of the Subject & the Crisis of Modernity?
Critical Inquiry. Fraser, N.
Benhabib, New German Critique 22 Winter : 3— Koopman, C. Revising Foucault: The history and critique of modernity. Lemke, T.
An indigestible meal? Foucault, governmentality and state theory. Distinktion: Scandinavian Journal of Social Theory. Love, N.
Birkbeck Institutional Research Online
Mitchell, T. Questions of modernity.
Minneapolis, University of Minnesota Press. This book traces psychologization from the Enlightenment to Late-Modernity, engaging with seminal thinkers such as La Mettrie, Husserl, Lasch and Agamben, whereby Jan De Vos teases out the possibilities and the limits of using psychoanalytic theory as a critical tool. Offering challenging and thought-provoking insights into how the modern human came to adopt a psychological gaze on itself and the world, this book will appeal to psychologists, sociologists and studies of culture".
What I have come to appreciate I highly recommend the book for those interested in psychology, psychologization and society.
Modernity and Subjectivity
Please, subscribe or login to access full text content. To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us. All Rights Reserved.
OSO version 0. University Press Scholarship Online.
Sign in. Not registered? Sign up. Publications Pages Publications Pages.