Free Speech and Human Dignity | Yale University Press
Further, the study examines the responsibility as counterpart for human rights. This approach is especially important during the freedom of speech debate.
- Last-Minute Travel Secrets: 121 Ingenious Tips to Endure Cramped Planes, Car Trouble, Awful Hotels, and Other Trips from Hell.
- 1. Introduction.
- Human Dignity and Human Rights.
- Search form.
- Account Options.
- Freedom of speech versus human dignity: a conflict between fundamental rights?
After a brief theoretical introduction, I present my findings on the special responsibility attached to the right to freedom of expression, based on international legal instruments and previous studies. After that I will turn to the practice of the European Court of Human Rights ECtHR as the best European example on how to solve the conflict between human rights and how to limit the freedom of expression.
Finally, the study shifts to the specific issue of genocide denial in Europe as a typical manifestation of hate speech. After briefly presenting the phenomenon, I present the existing national laws prohibiting Holocaust and genocide denial with exemplary court cases.
Email this article
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
Please, subscribe or login to access full text content. To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us. All Rights Reserved.
- Proceedings of The 3rd Workshop From Parity Violation to Hadronic Structure and more...: PAVI 2006 May 16–20, 2006 Milos, Greece?
- Wundt and the Philosophical Foundations of Psychology A Reappraisal.
- Advances in Architectural Geometry 2012.
- A Brief History of ‘the West’!
- Free Speech and Human Dignity - Steven J. Heyman - Google книги.
OSO version 0. University Press Scholarship Online. Sign in.
- Tensor Analysis.
- The betrayal bond : breaking free of exploitive relationships.
- Toyota Talent: Developing Your People the Toyota Way;
- Defending Andy: One Mothers Fight to Save Her Son from Cancer and the Insurance Industry.
Not registered? Sign up.
Publications Pages Publications Pages. Search my Subject Specializations: Select Users without a subscription are not able to see the full content. Extreme Speech and Democracy. Find in Worldcat.